UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) is an entrance examination conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board(JAMB), for candidates seeking admission into tertiary institutions. The UTME is a 3½ hours multiple-choice test in four subjects with use of English as a compulsory paper for all.
UTME is a compulsory requirement for placement of qualified candidates into tertiary institution in Nigeria. For progress into the next stage of education after high school comes the UTME in which prospective tertiary education students must write.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR UTME?
- Plan your study with practice of at least 1000 past questions and answers for each of your subject combination.
- Start your preparations months before the exam.
- Prepare a revision programme with focus on your 4 subjects combination.
- Pay more attention to the most important topics where questions are usually drawn from.
- Adopt answer finding and time management strategies in your practice of past questions.
- Prepare and attend a revision programme like Galaxy where you can be helped with all the aforementioned tips and more.