Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos.
What is JUPEB?
JUPEB is a National Examination body saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary institutions.
JUPEB is an Approved, Proven & Certified Advanced level programme moderated by the University Of Lagos and having the coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different study centres nationwide. The programme is specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the other, as the programme only requires candidates O’level results, JAMB result, Also awaiting result candidate can Enrol and this time around into 200 level
Advantages of JUPEB
- JUPEB is approved by the Federal Government and has a platform for securing admission into a higher institution in the country and abroad.
- Yearly, about 20,000 applicants put in for the programme in which more than 70% successfully secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred institution & course.
- JUPEB is certified by the Nigeria University Commission (NUC). It is an Advanced Level examination that qualifies students into 200 level via JAMB.
- JUPEB A’level programme runs for a maximum period of one academic session(9-10month) divided into two(2) semesters.
- Prospective JUPEB candidates are required to select any THREE (3) A/L JUPEB Subject Combination plus General Studies (English Language) identified with their preferred course of study in the university be it Science, Art or Social Science Course.
- JUPEB certificate is presently recognized and accepted in more than 70% of Nigeria federal, state and all private Universities. Thus, prospective candidates can check (item 2.2) of JAMB BROCHURE to confirm JUPEB legibility.
- The programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered to be it Science, Art or Social Science.